Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy Services in Brighton
Why are we offering this service at The Sloan Clinics?
The World Health Organisation defines mental health as “a state of well-being in which every individual realizes his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to her or his community. Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”.
Dr Sloan has an interest in health and wellbeing and is very keen to offer her clients a robust effective solution, and enhance both their physical and mental health.
What does the service offer?
Magda Harbour and Christian Morton are very experienced Psychotherapists who have been working with Dr Sloan’s patients for many years.
They offer counselling, psychotherapy and hypnotherapy and have had huge success in helping patients control their anxiety, low mood and phobias.
They work with many different techniques and strategies to support patients in weight loss, increasing patient’s self-esteem and general wellbeing.
It is well known from the academic literature that the mind and body are inter-related and that anxiety and low mood can have some prolific effects on a person’s physical health.
What can psychotherapy help me with?
– General feelings of hopelessness and despair
– Feeling depressed, flat, lonely or isolated
– Feeling hyper-tense, anxious or fearful, including having panic attacks
– Finding it hard to make or sustain good relationships
– Wanting to gain a better understanding of yourself
– Feelings related to loss such as bereavement or divorce
– Feelings related to trauma
– Sexual concerns
– Difficulties dealing with anger
– Addiction issues
– Difficulties originating in family conflicts
Book for a 15-minute medical consultation with our General Practitioner, Dr Emma Sloan followed by a 45-minute therapy session with one of our Psychotherapists – Christian Morton or Magda Harbour.